Friday, October 27, 2006

How could DHL lose 6 boxes twice in one day!?

So they found my missing boxes in Rochester, NY and shipped them to their hub in Ohio for re-delivery to Detroit. When I tracked the boxes to Ohio they only had showed one arriving.
I called. They physically checked and could not find any of the boxes.
I called back again. They found the six boxes! So, they are on the way to Detroit right? WRONG!
They have been seized by U.S. Customs. Evidently the boys at CBP were a bit peeved that DHL didn't send this stuff through correctly the first time. Now I am looking at a 30 day hold!
From past experience I know that a good customs broker will work as an advocate to be sure your shipment clears Customs as soon as possible. Unfortunately my customs broker is:DHL.

No comments: